[parisc-linux] Debian 3.0 on C200

Ryan Bradetich rbradetich@uswest.net
30 Aug 2002 16:53:13 -0600

Michael,

Yes, I have been using X on a C200 as my primary workstation at work for
the last couple of months.

The trick is to see if you have a supported video card or not.

When your system boots (check dmesg) do you see a line that looks
something similar to this?

fb0: stifb 1280x1024-32 frame buffer device, id: 2bcb015a, mmio:
0xfa100000

If you see the fb0: device, then you can use X on the framebuffer
driver.  I can send you my config if you would like, but I think I'm
using the default config the debian package setup for me.

If you do not see the fb0: line, then you can not run X on the system
yet because HP has not released any documentation on the drivers.
[Note: there is an effort underway (check the recent archives) about
getting X running on a voodoo2 card on a c200 so that effort might
be of interest to you also!

- Ryan