[parisc-linux] PCI Intel EtherExpressPro100 strangeness on C200 machine.

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 00:37:25 -0600

Andreas Seltenreich wrote:
> just append " || defined(__hppa__)" to line 47 of drivers/net/eepro100.c
> I got mine working that way.

Andreas,
I've just committed this change to 2.4.19-pa8.
Works on my c3000 too.

I wasn't real happy with this method of disabling something we
know doesn't work. The compiler can't optimize it away.
The alternative I was playing with is at
	ftp://ftp.parisc-linux.org/patches/eepro100-rxcopy.diff

but I'm not comfortable committing that since I don't know if
other arches *can't* support it or just prefer it be disabled.

thanks,
grant