[parisc-linux] Harmony on 710 working?

Ryan Bradetich rbradetich@uswest.net
29 Aug 2002 10:54:31 -0600

I have a theory on this .... but will probably be dis-reguarded by
someone more knowledgable :)

I will try to explain what I believe the problem is, and provid a
quick hack/work around for you to get it working.

First can you tell me if CONFIG_IOMMU_CCIO is defined in your
kernel as this will affect my answer.

My suspicion is that it is not defined, thus my answer makes
this assumption.

Problem:
	The CONFIG_IOMMU_CCIO is not defined in your kernel,
	so the ccio_get_fake() is defined to be NULL in
	include/asm-parisc/pci.h.  This usually works fine
	if the drivers are compiled into the kernel ... but
	you are loading this as a module....  My suspicion is
	that the harmony module is trying to find the
	ccio_get_fake() entry point and your kernel does not
	export that function. (CONFIG_IOMMU_CCIO is not
	defined).

	What confuses my about this problem is why ccio_get_fake()
	is not defined to NULL by include/asm-parisc/pci.h.  Is
	there a mis-match between your kernel and module CONFIG_*
	options?

Solution:
	Since the 710 does not have ccio, the cico_get_fake()
	is not needed. The ccio_get_fake() only needed for ccio
	machines on busses below the ccio that are not PCI (ie,
	PIC, GSC).  So for you temp hack, just assign
	harmony.fake_pci_dev to NULL.  Once we have a better
	picture of what is happening, we will insert a better
	fix if appropriate :)

Thanks,

- Ryan