[parisc-linux] Back to evms-1.0.1 && unaligne access && gdb

Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:11:28 -0400 (EDT)

> So I put a break early in main (Ok), relaunch run and try now to insert
> a breack in gdb window:
> b *0x4020a0e3
>
> Accepted but when 'continue' is launch:
> warning: Cannot insert breakpoint 2:
> Cannot access memory at address 0x4020a0e3
>
> What do I wrong or what should I better do?

Nothing.  You tried to set a break in a share library that hasn't been
loaded.  I don't have a great solution but the following should work.
Export LD_BIND_NOW so that ld.so binds symbols at program startup.  Then,
put a break on main and start the program.  You should then be able to
set a break in a shared library or enable it if the above error occurred.
For example, when you hit the break at main,

  enable 2

should insert the above.

Dave