[parisc-linux] X-Terminal?

B. Douglas Hilton bdhilton@charter.net
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:13:11 -0400

I agree. Cygwin with XFree86 has got to be the ultimate,
heck you should always have Cygwin anyways on any Windoze
box IMHO, and XFree86 wasn't a big deal to install the
last time I tried it. You should be able to use the
xterm to telnet or rlogin to the hppa box and then an

$ export DISPLAY=###.###.###.###:0
$ mozilla &

Should work most excellently, although I have run into
some difficulties running X apps remotely a while back
with Debian, something seemed messed up with my security
settings and the Debian box wasn't allowing apps to run
remotely. Haven't tried it in a while so I dunno if it
has been fixed or is some config problem on my side.

Voodoo2 Update - been real busy and real tired, no time
to screw with it right now. Probably will hack on it
this weekend.

- Doug