[parisc-linux] SCSI Disks on a K580 Help Required

Steve.Grady@csiro.au Steve.Grady@csiro.au
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:03:18 +1000

Well I hope I have not damaged the drive

> "Second try." The normal cable in the K580 that goes to the
> tape and CD
> only has two open scsi connections plus the terminator. One
> connection
> for tape, another for the CD. Did you substitute another cable with a
> third open scsi connection?

Yes I substituted another cable (It did not come with any cables, they were
removed with the drive)
It was properly terminated by an external terminator. As I said after boot
from the CD a drive on the
single ended bus was detected ( and the CD and Tape) by the kernel but was
not detected by boot.

It has been suggested by someone else (they did not reply to list) that I
boot from CD which seems to me
the easiest work-around.

Thank for the assistance,

Steve Grady