[parisc-linux] Sources browsing tool?

Joel Soete joel.soete@freebel.net
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 17:36:58 +0000

Just for reminder in this ml

Alan Cox wrote:
  > On Fri, 2002-06-07 at 18:23, joel.soete@freebel.net wrote:
  >
  >>Hi all,
  >>
  >>Can you advise me some browsing tools which would allowing me to find
quickly
  >>where a variable, a function is define; where is used,... in this big
amount
  >>source which represent kernel now (find is not always easy).
  >>
  >>I find well a work of reverse engineering (rigiedit) of the kernel
but not for 2.4.
  >>And unfortunately sources (tcl/tk iirc) do not seems to be available
to port on
  >>hppa.
  >

  > Try the Linux cross reference - http://lxr.linux.no

I try to install it (from src, from tarball, from cvs): no way of
success (install instruction not uptodate)
But on the same 'sf.net' I found my happyness: sourcenav (5.1.0).

An install of the Install:
./configure --prefix=/opt/sn
make
make install

(That is the first time that I had the opportunity to build a package
with so few warning. It is very beautifull and easy to use :)

And the last but not least: it works fine on my own i386 as well as on
my b2k :)
I am now impatient to test it on a big proj as linux-2.4.

Joel