[parisc-linux] PCI Intel EtherExpressPro100 strangeness on C200 machine.

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:58:58 -0600

"B. Douglas Hilton" wrote:
> None of this brought back my motherboard's original
> ethernet devices. I wish I could figure out what happened,
> but I know that the never worked again after plugging a
> HCRX-24Z card into the GSC bus.

Sounds like static or something fried the GSC devices on that bus.

> "... Something really bad has happened ..." but it never
> re-appeared, and neither did the tulip or LASI ether devices.

ouch.

> About the last thing in the world I want to do is buy a
> tape drive just to reload my firmware. Maybe one of you wizards
> could cook up a way to flash it from linux like is done on
> a Netwinder?

If you can ressurrect built-in LAN or find an add-on Tulip card,
you could netboot the firmware update (it's a LIF image).

grant