[parisc-linux] PCI Intel EtherExpressPro100 strangeness on C200 machine.

B. Douglas Hilton bdhilton@charter.net
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 19:00:12 -0400

Ok, I'm back from camp ( and work ). Here's what I did today:

(a) Installed new coin battery on motherboard
(b) Switched EtherPro100 card to 5V/32bit PCI slot

None of this brought back my motherboard's original
ethernet devices. I wish I could figure out what happened,
but I know that the never worked again after plugging a
HCRX-24Z card into the GSC bus. I got one error somewhere
that said something like

"... Something really bad has happened ..." but it never
re-appeared, and neither did the tulip or LASI ether devices.

Ok, through methodical emperical experimentation I have found
that the command:

"# ping -s 157 servername"

Will succeed. However,

"# ping -s 158 servername"

Will fail.

I have kernel 2.1.18, and will try 2.4.19 but I have to burn
a cd to get it on the machine so I have procrastinated. I will
give it a shot tonight, apply Andreas's patch and recompile.

About the last thing in the world I want to do is buy a
tape drive just to reload my firmware. Maybe one of you wizards
could cook up a way to flash it from linux like is done on
a Netwinder?

Later!
- Doug