[parisc-linux] Voodoo3 PCI on C200 experiment pending!

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 22:59:52 -0600

"M. Grabert" wrote:
> I recently found a message on the debian-alpha mailing list (this month)
> were some tried to get a Voodoo3 running on a AlphaStation. He succeeded
> by adding 'Option "NoINT10"' to XF86Config, but this didn't work for me.
> This would have been very surprising, since Alpha and HPPA are totally
> different architectures anyway, but who knows ...

The biggest difference between Alpha and parisc is Alpha has weakly ordered
memory. Reminds me of the saying: "My enemy's enemy is my friend"

BTW, ia64 on HP ZX1 doesn't like int10 either.

grant