[parisc-linux] PCI Intel EtherExpressPro100 strangeness on C200 machine.

B. Douglas Hilton bdhilton@charter.net
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 23:33:14 -0400

Yes I made a monolithic kernel, so it rebuilt eepro100.c

Prior, I was using a stock Debian vmlinux-2.4.18-32 kernel
so there is a good chance that the Debian packager had made
the same modification to the source.

Andreas Seltenreich wrote:
> * B. Douglas Hilton <bdhilton@charter.net> [2002-08-18 04:01]:
>
>>I tried your suggestions and built a new kernel, but
>>it still behaves as it did prior to the modification.
>

> Just to be sure, you did rebuild the eepro100 module too?
>
> I'm using the nic for hours now and it is working perfectly.

Hmmm....

>>To summarize (with eepro100 in PCI slot ):
>>
>> - can ping using a dotted quad
>> - cannot ping using dns
>> - can ftp login to another machine on my LAN
>> - when I try to list files or download it locks up.
>

> With the original module (2.4.19-pa2) I wasn't able to receive ip packets
> larger than approx 150 bytes. For example a ping -s 100  went through
> while ping -s 200 didn't.
>

>>This is a major headache. I don't believe that the Debian 3.0
>>cdrom will boot on the C200, and without network I can't
>>upgrade the 0.9.3 cdrom. Its a catch-22!
>

> Btw. the diff was from 2.4.19-pa2. Maybe there have been other changes
> if you are using an older kernel.

I guess I will try that one then. Thanks.