[parisc-linux] PCI Intel EtherExpressPro100 strangeness on C200 machine.

B. Douglas Hilton bdhilton@charter.net
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 22:01:27 -0400

I tried your suggestions and built a new kernel, but
it still behaves as it did prior to the modification.

To summarize (with eepro100 in PCI slot ):

  - can ping using a dotted quad
  - cannot ping using dns
  - can ftp login to another machine on my LAN
  - when I try to list files or download it locks up.

Onboard tulip and LASI ethernet devices seem to have died.

This is a major headache. I don't believe that the Debian 3.0
cdrom will boot on the C200, and without network I can't
upgrade the 0.9.3 cdrom. Its a catch-22!