[parisc-linux] Voodoo3 PCI on C200 experiment pending!

Carlos O'Donell carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 11:37:09 -0400

> I just scarfed up a somewhat used Voodoo3 PCI graphics
> card from Ebay and intend to try it out with Debian/HPPA
> and a custom built kernel.
>
> I hope to compile a tdfx.o drm module and get the card
> recognized via a PALO boot command. I will use a dumb
> terminal for the system console during initial booting.
>
> Any hints or tips would be appreciated :-)

Stop trying to use the card as your console :)

Stick with a serial console for startup and then launch X
from that console.

It's my dream to get a Radeon 7000 PCI running on a C3K,
but that will have to wait until September. I'm very interested
in this test... since I'm a burgeoning DRI/DRM developer :)

If you have any problems please post to:

dri-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

or visit

#dri-devel on irc.openprojects.net

Good luck!