[parisc-linux] Autoraid supported?

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 00:18:03 -0600

Derek Engelhaupt wrote:
> Being an HP-UX man I was wondering how Debian handles alternate (pv) links?

YMMV. The dual controller FC10 confused the shit out of the
Emulex lpfc driver. lpfc just doesn't know the FC10 might take
5-10 (or more)  seconds to reassign LUNs from one controller
to the other.  I don't expect much better from the SCSI stack
but it will depend on the interface driver.

> Normally on my HP-UX side I would hook up the AutoRAID, do an ioscan
> -f, insf -e, and proceed to pvcreate/vgcreate/lvcreate, etc.  Since
> there is no ioscan in Linux, how can you do a physical scan of the
> hardware?

At boot time, such a scan takes place.
You can look in /proc/scsi/scsi to see which SCSI devices have
been discovered.

> Any hardware diagnostics?  Or if anyone can point me to some
> other online resources that might be helpful, that would be great too.
> Thanks....

See Debian scsitools and scsiadd packages.
Also learn about mounting file systems by label rather than
by device name

grant