[parisc-linux] 3c597/EISA status?

Chris Jantzen chris@maybe.net
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:13:06 -0700

I read in the mailing list (*after* I bought the cards <kicks self in
shin>) that EISA support is probably not all their vis-a-vis a bus
master card like the 3c597. What's the current status? Where can I help?
I have a C180 with a couple 3c597's. Here's the relevant boot message:

---
Wax at 0xffe00000 found.
Wax: HIL Keyboard-NMI registered.
Wax EISA Adapter found at 0xfc000000
EISA EEPROM at 0xffc88000
Enumerating EISA bus
EISA slot 1 a configured board was not detected ( expected ___FFFF)
Dino version 2.1 found at 0xf2000000
The GSCtoPCI (Dino hrev 1) bus converter found may exhibit
data corruption.  See Service Note Numbers: A4190A-01, A4191A-01.
Systems shipped after Aug 20, 1997 will not exhibit this problem.
Models affected: C180, C160, C160L, B160L, and B132L workstations.

Dino: No PCI devices enabled.
---

And I seem to get a kernel panic any time I probe the driver module...

--
chris jantzen kb7rnl =->         __O
Insert witty comment here.     _`\<,_