[parisc-linux] Updated parisc-linux .cvsrc

Andrew Shugg andrew@neep.com.au
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 16:56:52 +0800

Thibaut VARENE said:
> > In my experience it has been more common to fix the repository.  =)
>
> Heh, sure, but this is not actually *possible*, so to speak: Matt
> pointed out that folders can't be removed from the repository, since
> they are mandatory to keep the 'Attic' in them.
>
> That allows anyone to grab an old version of the kernel, using cvs
> tags...

Oh I know, I'm aware of that, it was more of a joke.  Some people use
CVS in a very carefree manner (shared bitbucket) and aren't really too
worried about breaking old versions.  Why do they use CVS then?  Good
question ... because it's there, I suppose.

Of course this is one of the main weaknesses in CVS, in case anyone out
there thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread: no revision control
on directories (folders/containers/collections/whatever).  =)

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."