[parisc-linux] palo issues

Carlos O'Donell carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 08:38:07 -0400

> Hi,
> I've just build 2.4.19-pa2 on my c3600 and then I ran palo * I've updated to 1.1 * afterwards, after booting I got an error reporting:
> ENTRY_INIT failed, status = -7: Nonexistent device
> >>Some Hex Entries<<
> Failed to initialize
> What is this... did I do something wrong?
> AG

Yes. Possibly specifying the wrong device.

To quote HP IT Resources:
The device address supplied to ENTRY_INIT is valid, but,
the target controller or device is not installed or is not responding
ENTRY_INIT -7 Causes:
- Booting from the wrong path or non-existent device.
- Trying to boot from a device that is not responding.

Stop the machine at bootup and try to search for bootable
devices... and see what it returns.

c.