[parisc-linux] c200 fx graphics status?

B. Douglas Hilton bdhilton@charter.net
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 21:17:50 -0400

Well, my Ebay special C200 "raven" arrived today... and it works!
I plugged in an extra 256Mb RAM and an old 4X scsi cdrom drive,
hooked ye olde dumbe terminal, and pushed yonder button.

I'm impressed, it came with a completely unconfigured HP/UX B11.11
so I got to set up my root password, network, etc. The dang thing
has internet connectivity already!

Now I am in somewhat of a dilemma. I got this bohemoth to be a parisc-linux
box, but one hates to wipe a pristine HP/UX which one got for free :-)

So now it would appear that I am in need of a new hard drive. My 23GB
Seagate Elite will definately not fit inside the case, and I'm using it
on the X86 machine anyways. Back to Ebay...

I can still test out the latest 0.9.3 cdrom image which I will burn
one this weekend. I don't have an EVC adapter yet so I can't test
the STI / X11 yet.

This machine seems to have been mis-advertised and actually contains
an EG board rather than a FX. I am disappointed yet happy because the
EG will run X in linux right?

Thx,

- Doug