[parisc-linux] gcc-3.2 experimental debs

Carlos O'Donell Jr. carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:47:58 -0400

> Joel
>
> PS1: about step 4.2 of your howto-xc, I notice a small difference between html
> and pdf (in html you use gcc option "enable-shared" in pdf "disable-shared").
> But this not the cause of the above problem.
>
> PS2: I also make an apt-get dist-upgrade (with ftp.de.debian.org) so that native
> gcc is now 3.0.4-5 (I think it was already installed last week)

Both the HTML and PDF version are the same (just double checked).

http://www.baldric.uwo.ca/~carlos/HOWTO-Parisc/index.html
http://www.baldric.uwo.ca/~carlos/HOWTO-Parisc/HOWTO-Building_PARISC-LINUX_CrossCompiler.pdf

In section 4.2 you are bootstraping the C compiler without glibc
so you must use --disable-shared.

In section 4.5 you have already built glibc and you can turn
shared support back on with --enable-shared.

c.

p.s. The HTML and PDF do have some formatting differences...
     I'll get around to making them look similar later :}
     Dang... just noticed I missed one of the path changes in
     the pdf...