[parisc-linux] Cross Compiler HOWTO - v1.2 (GCC 3.1 updates and more)

Carlos O'Donell Jr. carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 12:02:48 -0400

Parisc, Debian-hppa,

PARISC-Linux Cross Compiler HOWTO - v1.2

When you're 715/50 just can't compile fast enough...

http://www.baldric.uwo.ca/~carlos/HOWTO-Parisc/

- Updated examples.
- Updated many things.
- Printable pdf version online (as requested by some people).
- GCC section includes info on building GCC 3.1 from upstream CVS.
- Fixed tpyos.

I've tested this from start to end and it's getting really easy
to roll your own tool-chain! Thank go to all the hard-working people
who make it happen :)

I tested:

GCC 3.0.2 20010905
Binutils 2.12.90.0.4-1

To build a cross-compiler from:

GCC 3.1 20020418
Binutils 2.12.90.0.1-4 (latest in debian pool)
Glibc 2.2.5-4 (latest in debian pool)

-----

If you would like to link against something then link against:
http://www.baldric.uwo.ca/HOWTO/

Which is where the document will reside soon.

You can grab a tarball of the directory at:
http://www.baldric.uwo.ca/~carlos/HOWTO-Parisc/HOWTO-Parisc.tar.gz

-----

Many thanks to Dave, Randolph and Willy who tolerate my incessant
24/7 learning... :)

Cheers,
Carlos.