[parisc-linux] not freeing initmem and power button

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 17:51:27 +0200

Hi Kenneth,

I think the problem is your 712/60, which (maybe) doesn't support
soft-power-off.
Please look into your dmesg, there you should see one of:
1. Gecko-style soft power switch enabled,
2. Soft power switch support not available.
3. Soft power switch enabled, polling @ 0x<addr>

I suppose your 712/60 will give you #2 and that's why it will not work.

Helge