[parisc-linux] linux-2.4.18-pa19 fpu problem

Paul Bame bame@fc.hp.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:42:16 -0600

> On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 11:02:54AM +0200, joel.soete@freebel.net wrote:
> > Here is some trace I get from the kernel (2.4.18-pa19) make (after a make
> > oldconfig):
> > I do think that lacks a header to define some function.
>
> this code is crufty old HPUX stuff... the warnings have been there
> basically forever, and nobody's bothered to fix them.  Nobody's found a
> problem either :-) If you want to eliminate these warnings by declaring
> everything properly, feel free to send a patch, but I don't think it's
> very important.

Here's the README in the math-emu directory which describes why we
leave the warnings in:

"All files except driver.c are snapshots from the HP-UX kernel.  They've
 been modified as little as possible.  Even though they don't fit the
 Linux coding style, please leave them in their funny format just in case
 someone in the future, with access to HP-UX source code, is generous
 enough to update our copies with later changes from HP-UX -- it'll
 make their 'diff' job easier if our code is relatively unmodified.