[parisc-linux] not freeing initmem and power button

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 02:30:39 +0200

On Monday 15 April 2002 13:59, Kenneth Westelinck wrote:
> >The power-button should work if you update to a newer kernel (>=
> >2.4.18-pa19).
>
> Cool, does this mean: if I push the button, the system will do a clean
> shutdown? Or if I push the button, nothing happens?
>
> Is there an easy way to disable this.

In Kernel 2.4.18-pa20 I've added a /proc/sys/kernel/power
procfs entry which lets you enable/disable the soft power switch
at runtime:

# echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/power		# disables the power switch
# echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/power		# enables the power switch

# cat /proc/sys/kernel/power
Software power switch support: enabled (1)

Or, you could of course also use sysctl program/interface.

Greetings,
Helge