[parisc-linux] some bugs

M. Grabert xam@cs.ucc.ie
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:40:49 +0100 (IST)

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Grant Grundler wrote:

> "M. Grabert" wrote:
> > But perhaps it's only a h/w issue (incompatibility with switch and
> > network card?).
>
> Possibly. Perhaps just unplugging the cable, wait 5 seconds (or so)
> and plug it back in should force a re-negotiation. Not a great work
> around but perhaps a start.

doesn't work. As somebody other mentioned, no re-negotiation will
work for some strange reason. It was also suggested to set up the
lan configuration in pdc to "100Mbit"; Well, it was already set
to 100Mbit, so I changed it to "Autodetect". Now it seems to work
and re-negotiation also works!

> > Well, yes, maybe, because it's 'mount' specific. But why is it working
> > with the 32bit kernel? I thought this kind of things should be
> > platform-independent ...
>
> I agree - I doubt this is a mount command problem.
> It might be an issue with our 32-bit syscall wrappers in the 64-bit kernels.

I didn't investigate this any further ...

[...]

STIfb support seems to work, I think I was just hallucinating
(or the serial cable was loose). At least it doesn't hang the C240.

The power button works now with 2.4.18-pa16-64! Great work.
Modules also work! I don't see any difference now between in the
behaviour of the 32bit and 64bit version of the kernel ;)

Thanks alot,
   Happy max