[parisc-linux] K220 - Setup via. Console

Ahbaid Gaffoor ahbaidg@attbi.com
Sun, 07 Apr 2002 22:35:58 -0700

Hello,

I have a K220. I'd like to install the latest release of PA-RISC Linux
on it but I need to first of all be able to console into it.

I am trying to use the console cable I have used with Sun boxes on this
machine, however I just cannot get it to work? My terminal emulation is
done via HyperTerminal on a laptopb via. COM1

I do not get any output information on my console connection.

What do I need to do this?

What seeting do I need on my terminal emulator? Or is there some jumper
I have to set to allow this to work? Currently I use 9600 8N1, I also
tried 7E1 but still no luck...

Please help...

Thanks...

Ahbaid.