[parisc-linux] Re: Fwd: Re: Any hppa gurus?

Carlos O'Donell Jr. carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 08:47:31 -0500

> I some situations, the callee needs to save the argument registers on
> the stack.  There are 4 words reserved for this.

Okay. I'll see if I can find those in the documentation.

> > 	int	gr26	fr7	-----		===	float
> > 	int	gr25	fr6	float		===	-----
>
> You've got the order of the float registers reversed.  They are allocated
> in order of increasing number starting with fr4.

Ah! Excellent. After looking at some more assembly output and reading...
I should have realized that it was the other way around :) Thanks.

Now some of my register allocation guessing is coming out correct :}

Serves me right for using complex examples all the time.

c.