[parisc-linux] parisc-linux semi-booting on an HP 3000 947

ccollet@gmu.edu ccollet@gmu.edu
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 19:38:18 -0500

Hi,
   Just for fun I though I'd try running parisc-linux on my HP 3000 947
which is in need of an OS since I don't have MPE/iX tapes. It actually
booted off the latest CD image, but it freezes once it gets to the "If
this is the last message you see, you need to switch your console"
message. From what I've read, I assume this means that there's no
console driver written for this machine, which isn't suprising since it
isn't on the list of supported machines. Any idea if there's a way
around this, or if the NetBSD or OpenBSD ports might support it? Thanks
in advance.
   Chris.