[parisc-linux] Non-atomic __set_bit

Carlos O'Donell Jr. carlos@megatonmonkey.net
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 13:27:19 -0400

> Hello,
>
> Is this going into CVS any time soon? It seems to work fine on my
> 720/50.
>
> Regards,
>
> Albert

Albert,

Have you booted a devfs kernel on you box?
Does it seem to function properly?

Adding devfs to my kernel causes some odd stuff to go on after
trying to enter INIT. Though I haven't had time to sort it out.
The kernel boots fine, but probably one of the startup scripts
is doing something decidedly wrong.

Since you are using init=/bin/sh, and unless you tell devfs
to explicitly mount at boot, you won't _really_ be using
devfs :)

Sure, it compiles... and it looks like it should work.
But theory and practice are so different it's not funny.

<Carlos looks back at the RF Amplifier design he has on the
whiteboard and chuckles>

c.