[parisc-linux] Where to get recent parisc kernels w/o building?

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:29:46 -0600

"Neulinger, Nathan" writes...

> Is there any convenient place to grab a 2.4.9 (or more recent) vmlinux for
> parisc-linux other than getting it myself out of cvs? (Don't have a
> functional build environment at the moment.)

The ones in
ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/kernels
are rather out of date. I'll try an build some next week if someone doesn't
beat me to it.

> Also, what about a working gcc? I've apt-get upgrade'd everything, and gcc
> complains about lots of header file goofiness when compiling even a simple
> hello world program.

apt-get install libc6-dev

> Also, does the kernel build have to be done cross-compile, or can it be
> built on the parisc-linux machine itself?

The preferred way of building kernels is natively. However, if the only native
box you have access is slow, then you'll probably still want to cross compile.

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation