[parisc-linux] FW SCSI on the D350

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 23:41:28 -0600

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install the 0.9 release on a D350 server. The kernel
> recognises the standard SCSI, using the lasi7xxx driver, and finds
> the tape drive and the CD-ROM on that host. However, it doesn't
> find the Bluefish fast/wide SCSI host, so it doesn't find the
> four internal hard disks, which makes installation a little tough.

The D-class is very similar to Cxxx - ie it has U2 or Uturn in it.
parisc-linux currently only supports GSC devices below the first IOMMU.
Ryan Bradetich is working on "I/O tree" support to enable support
for multiple IOMMUs - then we should be able to walk additional
GSC busses and find more devices.

> The boot-up firmware recognises all of the disks OK, but the Bluefish
> is just not included in the device list shown at startup/dmesg.

Probably because GSC bus with your Bluefish (FWD SCSI) isn't being walked.
That's something Ryan wants to fix once IOtree support is at least
sort-of working.

> I'll try the 0.9.2 release tomorrow. Any other things I can do
> which might help?

Send Ryan cash. ;^)
(Just kidding...)

grant