[parisc-linux] 720 - some progress

Jurij Smakov jurij@lokmail.net
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 06:03:56 -0400

And another (very weird) thing... I've manually decoded the instruction
(036008A4), which produces the trap 11 (hopefully, correctly :-).
It turns out to be an MFCTL instruction to load contents of control
register 27 into a general register 4. According to the docs for this
command ("PA-RISC 1.1 Architecture and Instruction Set Reference Manual",
Third edition, page 5-151):

"CR11, CR26 and CR 27 may be read at ANY privilege level."

So, unless I am missing something, this instruction SHOULD NOT produce
trap 11. Is it some hardware feature of 720 or my manual disassembling
skills must be improved? ;-).

Best regards,

Jurij