[parisc-linux] More on my C360

Richard Allen ra@hp.is
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 01:52:55 +0000

I was getting trace/breakpoint traps from my new 2.4.9-pa24 kernel
and it was suggested that I recompile the kernel for PA7100 (not 8000
as I had done before.)    I was unable to compile the kernel again
while running 2.4.9 so I had to boot the 2.4.0 kernel that was included
on the 0.92 CD.   When that kernel was running I was able to recompile
the 2.4.9 kernel again and it's now working much better.  Im now able
to compile things with out any (unusual) errors.

However, I again had a rather massive filesystem corruption on my root
filesystem after I had been running 2.4.0.  I had to manually run fsck
and answer "y" to 50 - 60 "fix?" questions.

--
Rikki.         --  HP Technical Support, RHCE, RHCX, HP-UX Certified Admin.
               --  Solaris 7 Certified Systems and Network Administrator.