[parisc-linux] Filesystem corruption

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 20:50:00 +0100

I have just installed a C360 from a new ISO I made, which uses a
2.4.9-pa25 kernel.  That installed ok; I built a kernel, rebooted
and forced an fsck.  Disk was clean.  I didn't leave the system up
all that long - couple of hours maybe.  It is just possible that
the -pa25 change made a difference.  You could perhaps repeat the
exercise, forcing an fsck at the end of install, and again at the
end of kernel build to see when (if) corruption occurs.  I force
an fsck by booting with init=/bin/sh and then e2fsck -f while the
partition is still read-only.

Richard