[parisc-linux] Debian bootfloppies with -pa22 fails on 720/50

Albert Strasheim fullung@ilink.nis.za
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:44:56 +0200

--HlL+5n6rz5pIUxbD

Hello,

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Carlos O'Donell Jr. wrote:

> > > After your changes (making case 18 fall through to case 28), I get the
> > > following happy-and-warm-and-fuzzy message:
> >=20
> > As i said, the second patch didn't work for me, as well. The first one
> > (fall through to case 26) did.
> >=20
> > Cheers,
> > Jochen
> >
>=20
> There has been a lot of recent work on adding the unaligned=20
> handlers that were missing.  I think that previously, most of=20
> the handlers for the older CPU's hadn't been written... now that
> they are there, the fallthrough case has more support.

I'd be happy to test these whenever possible. :-)
=20
> I'm glad that Albert got his system working.
> (Crosses fingers)

I am currently battling the install process. I'm as far as creating the
f0, swap and root partitions on the drive, fscking and mounting them,
but the installation of the base system (starting with drivers.tgz and
rescue.bin) is giving problems. For some reason I can netboot a kernel
fine (and also use a nfsroot), but when it comes time to do a network
install, the installer can't even find my BOOTP server...

I'm currently trying the CD-ROM install, but my last attempt failed with
the following message during the installation of the rescue disk:

ioctl: LOOP_CLR_FD: No such device or address

So that's where I am now... but it's looking better. I'm going to try
the CD-ROM install again now.

Regards,

Albert

--HlL+5n6rz5pIUxbD