[parisc-linux] testandset

Carlos O'Donell Jr. carlos@megatonmonkey.net
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:10:56 -0400

> > I'm sitting scratching my head becaues the ./sysdeps/hppa/dl-fptr.c
> > is peppered with testandset, which used to be in pt-machine.h,
> > but is now called try_lock within pt-machine.h
>
> um, the hppa.dpatch definitely does patch this.  perhaps you were
> overzealous with trimming the ia64 part of the patch?

Hrm. Maybe. I remember cutting out only the ia64 part.
I'll zip through the patch again.

<carlos goes to check>

Hrm. Time to start vaping source trees.
The only diff from the patches is the ia64 stuff. Which I've
fixed to use try_lock, so it's not necc anymore.

I am now sure that I've been using the dpkg tools incorrectly.
I will follow the steps you've outlined and do some more reading.

Thanks for the help M.

Cheers,
c.