[parisc-linux] testandset

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 16:17:03 +0100

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 09:12:31PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell Jr. wrote:
> I've read all the docs for dpkg-dev, and yet the glibc debian stuff behaves
> slightly different.
>
> a) Unpack glibc 2.2.4, linux-threads, db1-add-on.
> b) Patch to 2.2.4-1
> c) Needed to comment hppa stuff back into 0list
> d) Removed dl-fptr stuff from the hppa.dpatch (for now)
> 	= Added morally equivalent changes to locking macro in ./sysdeps/ia64/dl-fptr.c
> 	= testandset->try_lock
> 	= Though I'm scratching my head at hppa/dl-fptr.c?
> 	= Why is the ia64 stuff being touched anyway?

because we're removing the testandset macro, replacing it with try_lock.

> e) Packed it all back up as tar.bz2 (./debian rules seems to call for this)

No, definitely not, I don't know why you think you need to do that.

> f) Placed the tar.bz2's in the glibc-2.2.4 directory (so that they can be unpacked)
> f) export LINUX_SOURCE=/usr/src/linux (no kernel-headers pakcage yet)
> g) dpkg-buildpackage -uc -b -d (from within XXX/glibc-2.2.4)

Here's what you ned to do:

dpkg-source -x *dsc
cd glibc-*
frob 0lists & hppa.dpatch as above
put a copy of the kernel includes in /usr/src/linux/include rather than setting
LINUX_SOURCE
dpkg-buildpackage -B -a -rfakeroot