[parisc-linux] cvs update gives 'move away ....' on every file

thunder7@xs4all.nl thunder7@xs4all.nl
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 07:35:38 +0200

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 01:18:37PM +0800, Andrew Shugg wrote:
> Quoth Grant Grundler:
> > You didn't name the CVS repository to use and cvs got confused.
> >
> > Try 'cd /home/cvs/parisc/linux; cvs update -APd'
> > Or  'cd /home/cvs/parisc; cvs update -APd linux'
>
> ... with "-d:pserver:anonymous@puffin.external.hp.com:/home/cvs/parisc"
> in there too, or your current environment's $CVSROOT set accordingly.
>
> The -q and -z3 flags are good too, to avoid unnecessary chatter and to
> compress the data stream a bit.  Avoid the temptation to crank up to -z9
> as this just puts the server on its back for minimal gain.

So this shouldn't happen:

jurriaan@pa8200:/home/cvs/parisc$ tar zxf ~/source/linux-20010831.tar.gz
jurriaan@pa8200:/home/cvs/parisc$ echo $CVSROOT
:pserver:anonymous@puffin.external.hp.com:/home/cvs/parisc
jurriaan@pa8200:/home/cvs/parisc$ cvs update -APd linux
cvs update: move away linux/.cvsignore; it is in the way
C linux/.cvsignore
cvs update: move away linux/COPYING; it is in the way
C linux/COPYING
cvs update: move away linux/CREDITS; it is in the way
C linux/CREDITS
cvs [update aborted]: received interrupt signal
jurriaan@pa8200:/home/cvs/parisc$

Unfortunately, I see it both with linux-20010830.tar gz and with
linux-20010831.tar.gz

Jurriaan
--
GNU/Linux 2.4.9-ac7 SMP/ReiserFS 2x1402 bogomips load av: 0.00 0.00 0.00