[parisc-linux] Which CVS modules are still alive?

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 10:59:49 +0930

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 04:53:39PM +0800, Andrew Shugg wrote:
> I was just wondering which of the following CVS modules (that I have
> checked out) are still considered active.
>
>   binutils  gcc  glibc  linux  palo
>
> Obviously 'linux' will be active as long as hppa-linux kernel
> development continues outside of the main kernel tree.  I believe glibc
> has been mentioned before as being stale?  How about the others?

binutils is long dead.  Use sources.redhat.com CVS, trunk or 2.11 branch,
or one of H.J.'s releases after 2.11.90.0.19.  Don't use any of the 2.11.x
releases, unless you like debugging binutils problems;  They are all
missing some hppa fixes that I found just after each release.  :-(

gcc is a wee bit stale, but should be updated soon.

Alan