[parisc-linux] Re: parisc-linux / C200 / power-down

Ryan Bradetich rbradetich@uswest.net
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:13:17 -0600

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 05:58:43PM -0600, Grant Grundler wrote:
> thunder7@xs4all.nl wrote:
> > I would like to know if your C200 also has the following:
> >
> > If I issue a 'shutdown -h now', after a while the screen says 'Power
> > down.' - but it doesn't react to the power-button, I have to yank out
> > the power-cord to get it to shut down.
> >
> > You too?

I just tested this (I usually use the reboot option) and confirmed it
does not shutdown after the Power down.  Simpling hitting the power
button turned it off for me, but I do have to pull the power cord
a lot on this machine.

> First, I don't have a C200 - only C3000 and A500.
> I gave my C200 to a developer in Canada.
>
> Second, the soft power control is slightly different for different
> machines. Info for Soft power control hasn't be published AFAIK.
> I've bundled some of it together and passed it on to someone once
> already but they haven't had time to work on it.
>
> Ryan, does it work for you?
> (and assuming it doesn't, want more info to try to fix it?)
> grant

Yes, I would be interested in fixing this.

Thanks,

- Ryan