[parisc-linux] How to Boot CD on C110

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:38:01 -0600

Daniel Williams wrote:
> OK, so SEArch should see the CD drive regardless.  Should it also see
> the FWSCSI internal HDs?

Yes.

>  They don't have anything on them...  But the
> Firmware doesn't show anything after its done searching, not the 2 HDs,
> the CD, or the DDS tape drive.

hmm...PDC is pretty brain dead. Were those SCSI devices shipped with the
C110 or installed later?

> Whats that about CD option jumpers set wrong?
> What should the correct configuration be?  The pins that it has
> on the back (its a HP branded toshiba XM-5401B 50pin narrow) are ID1,
> ID2, ID4, PRTY, PRV/ALW, TEST, and TERM.  ID2 and PRTY have jumpers
> connected, the rest are not shorted.

I don't know what they should be - I don't have the product manual.
ID2/PRTY sound like they are correct. I don't konw what PRV/ALW means.
(Prevent/Allow what?). TERM should probably be left disconnected.

BTW, just because the drive is from HP doesn't mean it's setup
to work w/ an HP workstation. Firmware on the drive could do things
that confuse PDC/IODC.

> nor does SEA see it.

You need to figure this output first...try a different drive perhaps.
The FWD drives not being seen concerns me just as much.

grant