[parisc-linux] How to Boot CD on C110

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 22:53:16 -0600

Daniel Williams wrote:
> I've got a C110...  I picked up the .9 ISO and burned it with EasyCD
> Creator on a Win2k box (I know, I know, but no access to a linux box
> right now, I'm running FreeBSD and it doesn't have a burner).  Popped it
> in and it won't boot.

Uhm...I tried the same trick for IA64 Debian ISO and it didn't work either.
I should have looked in the parisc-linux mail archives before
since folks have described how to do it right. Anyway, I found a CD-writer
on a linux box and ended up using cdrecord.

> Too bad the firmware doesn't see the SCSI CD
> either, when SEArching on bootup.

"Sea" should see the CD-ROM. Very likely it's not properly
connected or has the option jumpers set wrong for PDC.

> SCSI CD is ID 2, but what bus is it on?

When it's working right, "sea" should tell you regardless of
whether it has a CD installed or not (I think).

grant