[parisc-linux] Large SCSI disks on a 735/125

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 16:27:21 -0600

"John David Anglin" writes...

> > The question is will you be able to find a 9 or 18GB disk
> > with either SE SCSI or HVD SCSI interface which the 735
> > can connect to.
>
> What about a Seagate ST318417N?  It is: 18.4GB, 7200 rpm, 8.5 ms seek avg,
> Ultra SCSI, suggested resale price $269.  While you can still find a HVD
> drive it looks like they are rapidly going the way of the dodo bird.

I think that should work.

Last year sometime I saw Paul Bame install an 18GB 10k RPM LVD Seagate
Cheetah drive in a 712 and install parisc-linux on it. It worked great :)

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation