[parisc-linux] EISA support

Tom palinux@alaskatech.org
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 06:31:18 -0800 (AKDT)

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> Anyone want to review a patch that makes EISA work?  I've only
[snip]
> I seem to have chosen a not-quite-supported EISA card to test with.
> The ID is plausible, so I don't think it's a byteswapping issue or
> anything.

Okay - I just brought things up with -pa61 and get the same errors about
commands not finishing when DHCP tries to use the 3c597 EISA NIC. However,
I scrounged up a static IP, plugged it in, and brought it online. It
*appears* to take the IP and work fine, but I get console errors that
various hexadecimal commands aren't finishing, then a comment that
"perhaps IRQ3 isn't available?" I also can't find a config program to try
resetting the card's IO etc. info - 3c5x9config from stable doesn't appear
to like the HP and I don't have an EISA-based PC to use the DOS utils
on...

Anyone have any ideas? Or, perhaps I can use the DOS utils (if I find an
EISA PC) and set the card to something that -pa61 detects, so they match?