[parisc-linux] GSC & EISA devices and pci_alloc_consistent

Daniel Engstrom 5116@telia.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 23:10:28 +0200

On 2001.10.16 22:32 Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> I think the solution to this is to create a fake struct pci_dev that our
> drivers hand to pci_alloc_consistent.  Then we have:
>
> PCXL, L2:
> 	if (pci_dev == NULL) return wax_alloc_consistent();
> 	else kmalloc()
>
> ccio:
> 	if (pci_dev == NULL) return wax_alloc_consistent();
> 	ioc = find_ioc(pci_dev);
>
> astro/elroy systems remain unchanged.
>
> The only question is how/where to obtain this pci_dev, and how to give
> it to the drivers which need it.

We could add it to struct parisc_device. Then it could be setup as required
in alloc_pa_dev() from the IODC/PDC data (assuming that one can tell where
the device is located from that data)

/Daniel