[parisc-linux] Xfree86 failled with -pa57

joel.soete@freebel.net joel.soete@freebel.net
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:33:58 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Helge,

Quoting Helge Deller <deller@gmx.de>:

> On Monday 15 October 2001 19:14, joel.soete@freebel.net wrote:
> > Sorry for NEWBIES (as I am in term of X configuration) what means
> bpp?
>
> bpp = bits per pixel.
> You should enter "8" here, which defaults to 2^8 = 256 colors.

Thanks a lot.

> > Well I found what I have to change in my config file to make xdm
> works.
> > Just a problem:
> > After the xdm start everything seems to works fine (right colors,
> mouse
> > working,...). Then I login: ok the pointer still work, I can work in
> the
> > default xterm,...
> > But when I exit mouse does not move any more and I had to restart
> xdm.
> >
> > (Um.., on my B180 I thing have to update Xfree 4.0 to 4.1 the mouse
> does
> > not work at all but gpm well)
>
> I assume you have a PS/2 mouse.

You have right,

> If so, disable gpm before starting xdm ("/etc/init.d/gpm stop").

But sorry this as no effect:
on 712 pointer still fix in midle of the screen after an exit,
on b180 pointer still fixed all the time (even after an update to xfree 4.1.0-7)
(just after re-install of gpm: gpm.com contains as default repeat_type=ms3 then
I have a pointer moving only at the bottum of the screen (same behaviour as the
712 before I comment repeat_type)?)

Is it possible to config XFree so that it takes mouse input from gpm?

Thanks for help and ideas,
        joel

This mail sent through Tiscalinet Webmail (http://webmail.tiscali.be)