[parisc-linux] Xfree86 failled with -pa57

joel.soete@freebel.net joel.soete@freebel.net
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 19:14:54 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Thomas,

Quoting Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@elvis.franken.de>:

> On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 04:49:03PM +0100, Richard Hirst wrote:
> > > (EE) No OS PCI support available
> >
> > Do you have PCI support enabled in your kernel?
>
> shouldn't matter. I bet the framebuffer runs in a different resolution
> than
> it's configured in XF86Config. Since the current stifb doesn't support
> mode switching, I've made the check very strict to not allow it. So
> the boot time resolution and bpp must match that from XF86Config.
>
> Thomas.

Sorry for NEWBIES (as I am in term of X configuration) what means bpp?

Well I found what I have to change in my config file to make xdm works.
Just a problem:
After the xdm start everything seems to works fine (right colors, mouse
working,...). Then I login: ok the pointer still work, I can work in the default
xterm,...
But when I exit mouse does not move any more and I had to restart xdm.

(Um.., on my B180 I thing have to update Xfree 4.0 to 4.1 the mouse does not
work at all but gpm well)

Any idea?

Thanks for all great job and in advance for additional help,
        Joel

This mail sent through Tiscalinet Webmail (http://webmail.tiscali.be)