[parisc-linux] disks not recognized by new 53c700/53c710 driver (was [parisc-linux-cvs] linux rhirst)

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 17:05:53 +0200

On Saturday 13 October 2001 16:59, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 04:42:27PM +0200, Helge Deller wrote:
> > You should prefer "make menuconfig". That way you won't
> > miss such things.
>
> Um?  make oldconfig only prompts you for new options.  it's harder to
> miss things with oldconfig than menuconfig, IMO.

Hi Matthew,

of course you're right. But if I have a lots of new options
I just too often press only lots of "n" <return>s and miss
the new parts. I know that is not the way it should be done,
but as it seems it's not only me who do it this way....

Helge