[parisc-linux] 735/125 'reliably' hangs during mke2fs

Christian Suder csuder@cisco.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 23:02:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm trying to get a 735/125 going using the 0.9.2 install CD. Old, I
know.... Whenever it's time to make the fs I get up to here :

Creating filesystem (for 2.2 kernels only)...
mke2fs 1.20, 25-May-2001 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
Filesystem label=
OS type: Linux
Block size=4096 (log=2)
Fragment size=4096 (log=2)
91968 inodes, 183808 blocks
9190 blocks (5.00%) reserved for the super user
First data block=0
6 block groups
32768 blocks per group, 32768 fragments per group
15328 inodes per group
Superblock backups stored on blocks:
        32768, 98304, 163840

Writing inode tables: done
Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information:

with the cursor behind the last line.

Any magic boot parameter that might help here ? Is there a 'cheat-sheet'
for everything that can be specified at the boot prompt ?

By the same token, I've tried to install it on a C110 with the HD on the
FWSCSI. It appears to work but within an hour or two the filesystem gets
severly corrupted.
I have it running now with 'today's kernel' after reinstalling and getting
the kernel on as early as possible. Fingers crossed....

Any hints and pointers on SCSI issues appreciated,

	Christian