[parisc-linux] puffin.external.hp.com,... unreachable through quest

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:30:48 -0600

Matt Taggart writes...

> It appears to be a routing problem which seems to affect mostly non-US domain
> I filed a support request on Monday. They're still trying to figure out what'
> going on. I'll send mail once it's resolved.
>
> Sorry for the outage,

Well it's fixed now but we don't know why yet. Thanks go to Lamont Jones
<lamont@hp.com> for poking the right ISPs and getting someone to take
action(rather than just point fingers). It's not his job but he got it done.

On behalf of HP, sorry this took so long to fix. Those responsible for the
delay will be sufficently LARTed.

If anyone experiences problems like this in the future please contact me
directly.

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation