[parisc-linux] HPA4552A, stifb

Thomas Bogendoerfer tsbogend@alpha.franken.de
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 21:28:03 +0200

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 12:27:13PM +0200, norbert.naether@leica-microsystems.com wrote:
> the C200 VISUALIZE with an HPA4552A graphic board (SUMMIT fx2) is finally
> running sticon. :-)

cool, I've checked, whether I get the same on my FX6. And it works:-)

> I only added the PCI device ID to sti_pci_tbl[ ] in sticore.c :
>
> { PCI_VENDOR_ID_HP, 0x1008, PCI_ANY_ID, PCI_ANY_ID, 0 ,0, 0}

I'm going to commit that change later.

Is there a reason for the #if 1 /* FIXME: */ in sticore.c ? Which machines
will lockup, if PCI graphics boards are enabled ?

> Now, I did some (more or less stupid..) things in stifb.c. With one
> (expected) result:  *take the power cord !* ;-)
> Is there anything I could do, to get this device running the framebuffer
> driver ?

no way without documentation or at least some source code to look at.
I've tried treating my fx6 as VIS-EG or HCRX, both locked up the machine.
So the FX boards aren't like the old ngle like boards.

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                 [ Alexander Viro on linux-kernel ]